club points system problem - Page 2
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Talk Angling User PHD in Angling lambrettasx200's Avatar

To me it's very simple. First decide if it's lower points or higher points that win. To me who fished many Nationals and 20 years of winter leagues you work the points on how many anglers in the section or the match every time. So for example a section of 10 the winner gets 10, second gets 9 points etc. If you don't weigh you get zero. If you don't weigh in why would you deserve any points. In the old days if you won your section on the National you got 80 points because there were 80 teams of 12 but if you blanked you got nothing and that's how it should be
    John

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lambrettasx200 View Post
    To me it's very simple. First decide if it's lower points or higher points that win. To me who fished many Nationals and 20 years of winter leagues you work the points on how many anglers in the section or the match every time. So for example a section of 10 the winner gets 10, second gets 9 points etc. If you don't weigh you get zero. If you don't weigh in why would you deserve any points. In the old days if you won your section on the National you got 80 points because there were 80 teams of 12 but if you blanked you got nothing and that's how it should be
    my thoughts exactly 25 fish 1st =25 pts 2nd 24 & so on .
    All anglers that catch receive points ,DNW = 0 points
    why make things difficult ?
    Colin

Talk Angling User Done a Ton

Agreed col.
    Dead easy really

Talk Angling User Double Ton

Our club likes to be fair to guys who have bought their bait and turned up for a match, rather than giving guys who DNW zero points.
    We have 3 sections of eight, with points as follows :
    1st = 14 points
    2nd = 13
    3rd = 12
    4th = 11
    5th = 10
    6th = 9
    7th = 8
    8th = 7

The first 6 get additional points with 1st getting 6, 2nd getting 5, etc down to 6th getting an additional 1 point.

Doing it this way, people who do not turn up get zero points, everyone that does not catch get last in section points (8) and the winner gets 20 points.

Takes 15 minutes to sort and at least acknowledges the guys who fished.

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale moonshine45's Avatar

Points awarded chaps, all sorted.
    1st 1point
    2nd 2points
    3rd 3points
    DNW 12 points
    Thanks for all the replies the secretary and i will be looking at them to make sure this doesn't happen again. Once again thanks.